Glen Etive Schoolhouse
Self Catering Accommodation in Glen Etive
Self Catering Accommodation in Glen Etive
A stay at the Old Schoolhouse is the perfect antidote to busy modern life.
Glen Etive is a walker, photographer and wildlife enthusiasts paradise.
Simply sit back, relax and let the stresses of normal life ebb away.
This 1870s stone built schoolhouse has been converted into a comfortable and cosy getaway that sleeps four. Situated in stunning Glen Etive (made famous by James Bond’s Skyfall), close to the wild and beautiful Rannoch Moor and within a half hour drive of the amenities at Glencoe, the Schoolhouse sits in its own enclosed garden away from the road so safe for children and pets.
The Schoolhouse is welcoming and homely, with stunning scenery to be seen from all windows. The living room is comfy and warm, with a multi-fuel stove to supplement the oil fired central heating. Although there is no television signal in the cottage due to the remote location there is a TV and DVD player with a wide selection of DVDs to keep you entertained while you coorie in by the cosy stove.
The well equipped kitchen (which was once the main classroom) has a dining area for four. The water supply to the house is filtered spring water that is tested yearly and perfectly safe to drink, but you may want to bring a supply of bottled water if you prefer. There is also a convenient toilet on the ground floor and the bright main family bathroom is upstairs. The double and twin bedrooms upstairs (which were once the teacher's living quarters) are stylish and comfortable with views to the mountains.
Red Deer are regularly seen in the Schoolhouse garden and there is plenty of other local wildlife to look out for, including buzzards, golden and sea eagles, pine marten, foxes and otters. Seals can also be seen at nearby Loch Etive. For the keen hillwalker there are no less than nine munros in the glen and many more within driving distance including the UK's highest Ben Nevis, and for the ski, snowboard and mountain bike lover the Glencoe Mountain Resort is just a 20 minute drive away.
Low season £550 pw
High season £750 pw
Christmas/Hogmanay £900 pw
Deposit £100 (outstanding balance due 4 weeks prior to the start of your holiday)
Terms and Conditions - Please Read Carefully
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Conditions of Let set out below.
In these Conditions of Let, "Owner" refers to the owner of the property you are booking, "Property" refers to the cottage you are booking.
1) The number of people occupying the Property is limited to that stated on the website, unless by prior consent with the Owner.
2) A deposit of £100 is required at the time of booking, and the full fee is required if the booking is within 28 days of arrival.
All bookings cancelled prior to one month of arrival will receive a full refund of money paid.
If cancelled less than 14 days before arrival no refund will be given.
3) Please notify the Owner of any cancellation in writing (e-mail will suffice - firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone +44-1361-890219.
To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities please consider cancellation Insurance.
4) Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner's liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
Glen Etive Schoolhouse is dog friendly and four dogs are welcome free of charge. You must not exceed the number of dogs allowed in the property unless by prior agreement with the Owner. We do ask that dog owners clean up after their dogs in the garden area and bring their own throws for furniture and beds if required. Dogs must not be left unattended in the property at any time. You are responsible for any damage both inside or outside the Property caused by your dog. In the interests of hygiene and out of consideration for others, you must remove all traces inside and outside the property of dog occupation before final departure (such as dog hair) and dispose of any mess in a sanitary and responsible manner.
The Owner cannot be held responsible for the safety of your dog whilst staying at the Property.
6) No Smoking inside the Property.
7) You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests' risk. Guests agree to absolve the Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
8) You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Owner's right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or other guests, unreasonable or disruptive behaviour may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
8) You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to your property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
9) You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
10) You must vacate the Property by 10.00 am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
11) Guest arrival time is from 3.00 pm onward.
12) All of our portable electrical appliances have been tested and approved within the terms of government guidelines and regulations as laid out by the Health and Safety Executive. As the use of your own personal electrical equipment is out of our control its use is at your own personal risk.
Glen Etive Schoolhouse is committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all its activities.
Visitors to our website can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority. All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with GDPR Regulations. If you have any queries regarding your personal information, please email email@example.com.
Glen Etive Schoolhouse does not collect any personal information from visitors to its website other than information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Anonymous information is collected, such as the number of visitors to the website in a given period, but it is purely statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual user. Cookies are not used to collect any other information from visitors to the website. Visitors interested in booking our cottages can provide contact details via a fill-in form. Visitors cannot be contacted unless such information is given. Visitors are also invited to give additional information but a decision not to do so does not affect any subsequent negotiations or discussions.
Use of Information
The information collected on our booking site will be used only for the purpose of the booking which you have enquired about or have made.
Third Party Disclosure
We will NEVER pass any personal information on to any third party.
We may, from time to time, use third party services such as Google Analytics, to monitor use of our website.
Glen Etive Schoolhouse takes appropriate measures to safeguard the information it holds from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location on the web servers of our booking portal. Only users authorised by Glen Etive Schoolhouse have access to this data.
Integrity of Data
Glen Etive Schoolhouse takes all reasonable measures to ensure that the information it holds is accurate. In particular it uses reliable collection methods and destroys any out-of-date data. Individuals may request details of all personal information held by Glen Etive Schoolhouse so as to contest inaccurate or incomplete data, verify the information and have it corrected as appropriate.
Glen Etive Schoolhouse website is not targeted at children but in any event personal information will not knowingly be collected from children under eighteen years without parental consent.
Whilst we use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate, current and complete at the date of publication, no representatives or warranties are made (expressed or implied), as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of such information. We cannot accept responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website or any other website to which it may be linked. We make no warranty that this website is free from errors, defects or viruses. We reserve the right to change or modify this policy and any changes will be shown here.
Any queries relating to Glen Etive Schoolhouse and our collection or use of personal information should be addressed to Kirsty Taylor, Penshiel, Whiteadder Reservoir, Duns TD11 3SN.
Copyright © 2021 Glen Etive Schoolhouse - All Rights Reserved.
Photos courtesy of andrew McKie,
Dog Stone Images, Kirsty Taylor, HEATHER STILL, Emma Heslop, Gerald Wilson AND JONATHAN FULTON
Powered by GoDaddy